Charity shop volunteer - Bakewell
Trust office on 01773 881188
Be one of our High Street Heroes
Come and assist the Shop Manager in the day to day running of our Bakewell charity shop.
What does the role involve?
• Providing excellent customer service, building loyalty from customers, donors and volunteers
• Help achieve maximum sales at all times, operating the cash register and receiving donated goods
• Help to ensure that the stock is presented to its best possible advantage both inside the shop and in the window
• Help maintain shop floor stock density, rotating stock on a daily basis so that no garment remains on the shop floor for any longer than the agreed time limits.
• Assist in the sorting, hanging, and ticketing of donated stock ready for putting onto the shop floor
• Implement any promotion in the shop as directed
• Actively support membership recruitment at all times within the shop
• Help maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout the shop premises
• Actively encourage the public to donate saleable goods and where applicable sign up as Gift Aid donors, building loyalty and encouraging repeat donations
• Where appropriate support administrative duties such as sales sheets and stock takes
• Assist in the movement of stock between locations
What are the hours?
We have flexible working hours are available between 9 and 5 Monday to Sunday.
Just tell us when you would like to volunteer!
Do I need to tell anyone i'm coming?
Give us a call on 01629 813533.
That way we know how many cups of tea to make!
What should I bring?
We will provide your uniform and ID.
You just need your biggest smile, some comfy shoes and don't forget your packed lunch!
Will you show me what to do?
We will provide all the training you need to help us run our charity shop. We will also teach you all about the Trust so you can answer people's questions about our work for wildlife and wild places across Derbyshire.
All our lives are better when they're a bit wildThe Wildlife Trusts