Salary: £25,094 - £28,567pa depending on experience with up to 9.5% employer pension contributions
Closing date: Sunday 19th March 2017
Location: Derbyshire Wildlife Trust's Head Office at Middleton by Wirksworth
This is an exciting role for someone with proven retail experience who wants to use their existing skills to help us deliver our charity’s retail strategy.
Initially, we need you to help set up and then to operate our first retail outlet which is opening in summer 2017. You will then move on to play a key role in the development of our future commercial enterprises. Our ambitious plans include visitor centres, cafes and charity retail shops throughout Derbyshire and this role will be to manage those operations.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Development, you will be supported and developed to recruit, train and effectively manage our growing sales team as we expand our retail operations.
- Maximising the profits of our initial and any further outlets in our retail portfolio
- Ensuring appropriate financial systems are in place at all our outlets
- Closely monitor profitability and performance and regularly report to the Head of Commercial Development with results and recommendations for future activities
- Agreeing budgeted income targets and related operating costs with the Head of Commercial Development and to produce operational plans that reflect these targets
- Keeping up-to-date with retail trends and fashions and to identify new opportunities and markets
- Recruit, train, manage and develop a proactive team of retail staff and volunteers
- Ensuring all our retail operations are fully aligned with the Trust’s fundraising and communications strategies and deliver a high standard of customer service at all times
- Retail experience which includes purchasing, pricing, storage, cash handling, merchandising and stocktaking
- Retail experience which includes the use of EPOS, supply chain and management information systems
- Leadership skills or the desire to be developed as an effective leader once in post
- Highly motivated and with the drive to achieve and surpass targets and success measures
- An understanding of market demands and how to deliver a great visitor experience
- Entrepreneurial skills to identify opportunities and deliver new and successful enterprises
- A good understanding of the statutory regulations with regard to Health & Safety and legislative compliance including Trading Standards and the sale of restricted goods
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to remain confident and calm in all situations
Developing our commercial strategy and opening new retail enterprises is a key element of our strategic plan for 2020. Through diversifying into new income streams we will reach new audiences which will enable us to have more supporters than ever before: more members, more volunteers and more donors.
|Recruitment Pack including Job Description, Person Specification and Key Terms and Conditions||21.07 MB|
|DWT Application Form for Retail Development Manager||195.5 KB|
In the information pack are the following documents:-
• A job description and person specification
• Key terms for the role
• Derbyshire Wildlife Trust Application form
Completed application forms (using the application form attached) must be returned by email to email@example.com by the closing date of 19th March 2017. .Applications received after the closing date and CVs will not be considered.
We will notify candidates shortlisted for interview by email on or before 24th March 2017. Interviews will be held on Friday 31st March 2017. If you apply but have not heard from us 25th March you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.