Get a behind the scenes look at conservation
Our trainee scheme is an excellent opportunity to spend up to a year working alongside our team and volunteers, developing key professional skills to help take that first step in to your chosen career.
Trainee placements require anywhere between 2-5 days a week and can last between 6 months to 12 months, which will be agreed upon from the onset of the trainee role, there are a variety of roles available across a diverse range of teams.
The Voluntary Trainee Scheme is now open for applications for the following roles:
- Practical Land Management - White Peak & Coalfields
- Practical Land Management - Dark Peak & Coalfields
- Practical Land Management - Trent Valley
- Livestock & Grazing - Erewash Valley
- People Engagement - North Derbyshire
- People Engagement - South Derbyshire
- Finance & Resources - Human Resources
- Commercial Development - Visitor Services
Let us tell you more...
We can help you develop experience in...
We can help you develop experience in:
- Practical habitat and site management
- Species identification
- Implementing site management plans
- Co-organising and lead volunteer work parties
- Planning and leading guided walks, educational visits and events
- Assisting with aspects of grazing, including fencing, moving cattle and stock checking
- Office and administration
- Team work
- Project Management
Will it just be me or are there others?
Our voluntary trainee roles are part of a wider rolling programme of traineeships offered by the Trust – you will be part of a team of voluntary trainees.
What expenses will be covered?
All our trainees are offered an internal programme of training, development and support as well as a budget for external training.
We also offer a contribution towards daily out-of-pocket travel expenses to our voluntary trainees.
Great! How do I apply?
This years round for applications is now open. Please see the below role descriptions for available opportunities and complete the online form below to apply.
The closing date for applications is Monday 12th August with the scheme planned to start the week commencing the 16th September, interviews will be held between these dates.
If you have any questions that haven't been answered here then please contact Alex or Stephanie on 01773 881 188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Trainee Roles 2019/20
Voluntary Trainee - Livestock & Grazing (Erewash Valley)
Voluntary Trainee - Dark Peak & Coalfields
Voluntary Trainee - Derwent Valley
Voluntary Trainee - Trent Valley
Voluntary Trainee - Human Resources
Voluntary Trainee - White Peak & Coalfields
Voluntary Trainee - People Engagement
Voluntary Trainee - Visitor Services
Voluntary Trainee Application Form
Here's a little about us...
The Wildlife Trusts believe that people are part of nature; everything we value ultimately comes from it and everything we do impacts upon it.The Wildlife Trusts